The bale chamber – fully equipped with all-round operational reliability.
The four heavy-duty seamless baling belts on the VARIANT also contribute to consistently high performance and bale density:
- Reliable drive via two cambered rubber-coated rollers
- Soft profile for good traction, secure crop transport and gentle crop treatment
- Maximum surface coverage for minimal crop loss
- Stays clean in all conditions, thanks to strippers on the deflecting rollers and at the rear
Up to 30 percent time savings.
Thanks to the optimized hydraulic system, the bale is compressed at extremely high speeds. The VARIANT takes only six seconds from the time the tailgate opens until it closes again and to deposit the bale on the surface of the field.
High belt speed.
With a belt speed of 118 in (3.0m) /sec, the VARIANT turns faster and compresses more densely than any other baler. The intake area of the machine can easily be seen from the cab. You can match the working speed perfectly to the crop conditions and always stay close to the output limit, whatever the conditions.
Bale density control system.
The VARIANT features a specially developed hydraulic bale density control system designed to produce maximum bale density in all conditions. The active hydraulic system combines three hydraulic cylinders with a dual-tensioning arm system.
Your core type preferences
The continuously adjustable soft core device is another unique optional feature from CLAAS. It means you can comfortably select the soft core diameter and determine the baling pressure of the core from the cab. Dry straw is baled with a rock-hard core. When the crop is moist, you can reduce the baling pressure to enable the bales to break up better.
New hydraulic system:
- Up to 30 percent greater time savings compared to older series
- Opening / closing = 6 seconds
- 4.5 percent greater throughput